Friday, May 1, 2015

The Creativity Tree

Deb at Inner Compass Designs begins a new project today, The Creativity Tree. A new blog link up to showcase all the branches of creativity. I was so excited to see that she is doing this for a few reasons. First of all she inspires me by her creativity she posts over on Instagram. Each month she chooses a different medium to focus on & I love seeing her progress.

I was also excited to see this because right now I am in the thick of all my ideas based on creativity. So much so that I am writing a new e-course on creative living

I woke up this morning and decided to take a day off from morning pages. 45 minutes later & I couldn't settle, this habit has become such a part of my morning routine that I need it. This was a good lesson to learn today. I am also so thankful for the rai


For this first week of the blog hop I decided to focus on my writing. At the beginning of each month I set a few intentions. For May I have two big ones: Radical Self-Care and all that means for taking care of myself, most especially being more authentically me. I have a blog series in mind with this topic beginning next week!

The second intention is to focus more on my writing. For months now I have been getting up in the morning and immediately sit down to do Morning Pages, stream of conscious writing. Whatever is in my head, just let it out. It is powerful stuff! So many ideas are born here, so many dots are put on the page just waiting for me to go back and connect them into a whole. It is amazing to me all the ideas I have in my head that I most likely wouldn't give thought to if it weren't for this writing.

My plan for May is to take some of those ideas and flesh them out. To spend at least a half hour of time each day doing writing other than morning pages. I want to expand my writing, to take it more serious, to dip into areas of my writing that I keep thinking "someday". All I need to do is sit down with pen and paper and see what comes.

Please take a few minutes to head over to Deb's to see all the branches of creativity that are flourishing! 

12 comments:

  1. Love this. Self care is one of my passions (used to have an ecourse) and I love hearing about your morning pages. I have not managed that practice myself but I love the idea of being able to go back and connect the dots of some of the free writing and then flesh the ideas out. Looking forward to your new series coming and thanks for your kind words. I am so excited to have such a great group of people linking up already and I trust more goodness will come over time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had known about your ecourse you had! It sounds fantastic :-) Self care is becoming a big part of my everyday life.....and it is bringing out my creativity. Thank you for setting up the Creativity Tree. I love the idea and love seeing all the fantastic creatives out there!

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on the ecourse, how exciting. And I love your creative intentions for May. Looking forward to seeing where it all takes you.

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I hope you are enjoying the weekend <3

      Delete
  3. So many fabulous plans in your future! I love the idea of your Morning Pages, they must be great to look back on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are great to look back on! I journaled for a long time but never thought to go back....now I see all the great tid-bits there and do it all the time!

      Delete
  4. Found you via The Creativity Tree :)
    I met Deb a couple of years ago via the self care course she mentions, which was life changing. Self care is sooooooo important! Vital! Through that course I identified my core values and #1 was and still is authenticity. Learning to align my life with my core values has been so liberating!
    Morning Pages is something I've heard a bit about but never actually done - must research!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has taken me a long time to work on self-care and authnticity! I am really just beginning but am finding it so vital like you said! Check out morning pages....they are greatly helping me find and be my autnetic self! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of your morning pages. Stream of conscious writing is my favourite I think. Great way to clear the mind and find out what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have found so many ideas and things to expand on that wouldn't have popped out of my head if it weren't for the morning pages!

      Delete
  6. I've found you via Deb's linky and loved her self-care course as well. Re-discovering my creativity has been a huge part of the past few years for me so I look forward to reading more of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely plans you have Jen and I hope this couse helps you achieve all of your goals!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!