Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1st

IMG_2966

December already!

November was so full. I missed this space and visiting all yours. I will be fixing that this month!

But most of my computer time in November was writing for NaNoWriMo. I wrote 50,000 words. It was a wonderful motivating, inspirational and habit forming month. I learned that if I just sit down at the computer then words will come. I cannot guarantee that they will be the perfect words, but for writing a draft, they were good enough.

While doing that there was a first birthday to plan and celebrate. HOW has this first year gone by already? I cannot wrap my head around it!

There was Thanksgiving at my mom's. I made the cracker and cheese turkey, she made the fruit one. We had a fabulous day. And there was so much food left over that we went back down for supper Friday night too!

Over the weekend we enjoyed Daddy being home for four full days, an unheard of event around these parts. (I am very much looking forward to it's repeat at Christmas!) There was slow days of knitting and slowly getting up the Christmas decorations, sipping tea and hot chocolate, a little bit of shopping, a whole lot of Advent planning. My goal for this month is simplicity. In everything. To enjoy the season through the eyes of my girls. They need some art projects, baking cookies, twinkle lights and decorations and they are overjoyed. Simple and intentional are the mantra I will be repeating to myself in the next few weeks.

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone again!

4 comments:

  1. A first birthday? Wow, that did go fast.
    I love your cracker and fruit platters, you and your mama are very creative.
    Simple and intentional are the mantra here too.
    Happy December

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, congratulations on your writing, that is awesome! Enjoy the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on nanowrimo! Go you! love your trays and I'm glad you were with your family and extended family during the holidays :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on NaNoWriMo!! I'm glad you had a peaceful Thanksgiving. ;)

    I still have a small bag of goodies for you. I thought about mailing it but the tempera paint is too heavy for that. I could drop it off at your mom's or we could try to get together...? C is away next week so it would have to be daytime w/ at least one kid on my end. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!