Friday, October 31, 2014

October

Autumn orange

Today is seriously the last day of October?

My poor neglected blog

I honestly cannot tell you what we have done the past few weeks!

There has been some knitting. A little bit of reading.

Not a whole lot of picture taking

There has been thinking. I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo where you write a novel in 30 days. 50,000 words. I think I am nuts for doing this. I have never really enjoyed writing fiction. Although I have an active imagination. I need to just step outside of my head and write and see what comes out. I think I might surprise myself. A big plus and what takes (most) of the pressure off is that it is a rough draft and doesn't have to look pretty. 

I am mostly doing it as a personal challenge. To push myself. To give myself a project to focus on. I am hoping this will jump start me out of the creative funk I have found myself in! 

All of this to say that depending on how the words flow each day, and how much time that I usually use for writing here, or commenting on blogs....may be used for trying to get at least 1,667 words a day down.

On top of that we have a first birthday(!!!!!) and Thanksgiving mixed in there. 

November looks to be busy, full and lots of fun! 

I think a goal will be to at least write a weekending post here each week!  

3 comments:

  1. Well, hello there! What a wonderful goal to set for yourself, I hope you will share a bit of your process, it would be interesting to hear about it.

    Sounds like November will be a month filled with much goodness. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to text you to check in and see if all was OK - missed "hearing" from you here:-). You can definitely do that challenge. Just grab whatever time you can, pour a cup of tea and let the words flow. I hope we get to see some of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do it!! I've decided to not write, I've got too much going on. I hope you meet your goal :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!