Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Yarn Along

IMG_2251 
I have finished socks! 

Last weekend I finished the second sock of this pair. And then ripped back the first sock to the cuff. I have never done that before but was not happy with the size and fit and rather then be upset at a finished pair of socks, I decided to take the time and fix it. And I am so glad that I did. I think the recipient will like them too.

I have a few other socks ready to cast on....it's Christmas knitting time...but I made a few baby hats quick first. When the baby spent her first week of life in the NICU I had decided that I would have a nice pile of baby hats made for her first birthday to donate in her name. I dug them out the other day and there are 10. While not too shabby, it isn't quite the pile I had been hoping for. So this week I made 2 more and I am hoping for at least 20. Her birthday is still 2 months away so I have some time (only 2 months!?! Where has this year gone?)

IMG_2259

And this is the pile of goodies that I brought home from our Anniversary yarn shop hop.

I want to cast on for them all....I have no idea which one will be made up first! But I have to wait...I need 3 pairs of socks for Christmas gifts before I can make a pair for myself!

I haven't been reading much this week. I have a stack of books from the library. But I cannot decide which one to start first!

7 comments:

  1. you are the sweetest to donate in your daughter's name :) love the yarn acquisition and I wish I was there to shop with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thing to do with the hats, so very sweet and thoughtful. Looks like some great purchases on your yarn shop hop. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you are donating, it's always so appreciated and needed.
    Just look at your anniversary yarn! Oh Jen, you did good and I know when the time comes to cast on something for you, you are going to have the best time knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful hat project! And those socks are just so......Christmas! Love them!!! I thought I'd be well into my Christmas knitting, but....oops. Better get on it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks look great! What beautiful yarn you bought. Play At Life is dyed by my friend Christie. She does some great work. My last shawl was her yarn too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!