Friday, March 28, 2014

Books for March 8::52

IMG_2508 IMG_2511

At the beginning of the year I found Laura's blog and her "Year in Books" series. She set a challenge to read at least one book a month for 2014. Even though I haven't blogged it, I have managed at least one book for the three months.

In March I far surpassed that goal. It is so easy to pick up a book when a baby falls asleep on you!
My book list for March:

Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist
Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
Slow Motion by Dani Shapiro
My Sisters the Saints by Colleen Carroll Campbell
The Bookstore by Deborah Meyler
Shirt of Flame by Heather King

They all were good. Life after Life was different. But I couldn't put it down. I couldn't wait to see what happened next. Slow Motion was a little slow for me at times. I enjoyed her "Still Writing" that I read in February a lot more. The Bookstore was good as well. Again I couldn't really put it down. Although I wanted to smack the main character more then once. The guy was a Jerk. After the third time of him saying he was leaving her because she was too "boring" she finally got it. Although by that time she was already 8 months pregnant.

My Sisters the Saints & Shirt of Flame are both great. I've been using them as part of my morning prayer. I'm not quite finished with Shirt of Flame. It's about my favorite saint, Saint Therese so I am soaking up her words again. I haven't visited with her in awhile. I was long over due!

Tuesday I will be back here with my April choices. Lots of poetry!!

1 comment:

  1. I always love book recommendations so thank you! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!