Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Yarn Along

Yarn Along

This is my rainbow boneyard shawl. It's grown a bit from the last time I showed it! I'm really loving the yarn (Knit Picks Chroma Fingering) and think I want a shawl with it too. Ree JUST the other day noticed that I was knitting a rainbow blanket. She asked who it was for & I said it's a Christmas present. She said oh and went on with her play. I hope she's surprised on Christmas day when SHE opens it!

That skein of grey yarn is the second sock for my dad's Christmas socks. I broke my own strict rule of casting on immediately for the second one when finishing the first one. Because of that I haven't begun the second one. Even though the first one was finished over a week ago! 

There hasn't been much reading lately. By the time supper is finished & the kitchen is cleaned I have no desire to read (or knit really) the past few nights. I'm tired by then! The 3rd trimester began yesterday for this pregnancy & I'm feeling the fatigue return already! There really is something to say for the 2nd trimester energy levels & feeling good!!

I've been not so good at getting around to everyone's yarn along posts lately. I'm hoping to do that this afternoon & tomorrow!! And be sure to stop back tomorrow....I'm hosting a very fun giveaway!!

9 comments:

  1. Very lovely color way- what a pretty shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!! love the colors and great pattern to go with the lovely yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful rainbow shawl! I'm really impressed.wow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rainbow yarn! I remember the exhaustion of the first trimester. Who knew what exhaustion was before that? I don't remember too much of the 3rd though, so much going on then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have some similar yarn in my stash and the same pattern in my notebook, after seeing your beautiful knit I am trying to finish my project before casting on my own shawl, yours is really so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So is that all one colorway of Chroma, and it makes a rainbow, or are you changing skeins? It's really lovely.

    I only had that 2nd-trimester energy surge with my girl. With the two boys, I was exhausted all. the way. through. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to be knitting on Christmas gifts in plain sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are making me want to go get that yarn now ya know! It's coming out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by & comment! I will try my best to respond to all comments here in the comment box!